Amerisafe Group specializes in helping companies establish solid safety and health programs and provide the necessary training for your workforce. Our approach is “hands on,” with a “keep it simple,” format so that your employers will learn practical information that relates to what they do. We function as a resource for your company’s safety training needs.
1. HAZCOM Training
HAZCOM Training is intended to help employers and employees protect themselves from chemical hazards and reduce the incidence of related illness and injuries. Attendees will learn how to identify and avoid potential chemical hazards, in addition to assessing situations where exposure to chemicals have occurred.
- Trainer does not need any certifications
- Re-occurring trainings are NOT required, only needed for new employees or chemicals
- Trainer required to give employees “Question & Answer” opportunity
2. Powered Industrial Truck Training
Powered Industrial Truck Training teaches participants how to safely operate a Powered Industrial Truck (i.e., a PIT, forklift, Lull, etc.).
- Class training, AND practical instruction are BOTH required
- Must have specific training based around your workplace
- Driver’s must be evaluated/recertified every 3 years
3. LOTO (Lockout/Tagout) Training
Lockout/Tagout Training is required when personnel could be harmed when stored energy is released, an unexpected energization happens, or the start-up of a machine or equipment occurs while servicing and maintenance is being performed on it. This course is designed to train attendees on how to identify hazardous energy sources (i.e., electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal, or other energy) and appropriately control them.
- Annual training is NOT required but needed when there is a change in process or personnel
- Period inspections must occur and must be documented
4. Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Bloodborne Pathogens Training teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
- Covers 700,000 employees, not just in healthcare industries
- Annual training is required
Amerisafe Group provides over 25 General Industry OSHA Safety Compliance Safety Training Courses, as well as Construction Health and Safety Training Courses. Our group of safety and health professionals are focused on reducing incidents and the cost associated with them.