Luse Environmental Services Estimator/Project Manager
Come be a part of our tomorrow! The future at Luse is bright, and we are actively growing our cohort of innovative, ambitious, team members across our contracting businesses. Let’s build our future together.
Luse Holdings, Inc. (www.luse.com) is a multifaceted construction, product distribution, and safety services provider based in Aurora, IL. Founded by D. Claude Luse in 1923, we are a fifth-generation family business devoted to a values-driven culture. Luse’s key to success has been maintaining a culture where employees feel valued as a part of our work family. Our long-term vision is to work together to grow our business so that we can give back to the communities in which we live and work.
Luse Environmental Services (LES), a Luse Holdings company, has been a leading environmental contractor since the early 1980’s. We have a reputation for executing every project with excellence and integrity. With a philosophy of continuous improvement, we are constantly seeking ways to improve the way we operate our business and serve our customers. LES provides environmental services across all industries and segments of the marketplace, and we pride ourselves on our “A to Z” ability to perform.
Where you come in: Expanding our team with excellent Estimator/Project Managers is a key component of Luse Environmental’s ambitious growth plan. You will be responsible for estimating, securing and executing asbestos/lead/mold abatement and other environmental projects within the Chicagoland area while fostering deep, trusted relationships with a dedicated set of clients. You will be a critical member of our team and an extension of our brand to our clients and to the industry. Once established, you will be responsible for $2 to $4 million in annual sales and you will pride yourself in being the “easy button” for our clients.
More specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Direct and manage project development from inception to closeout (“cradle to grave”).
- Define scope, timeline and goals for each project assigned and estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- Attend industry events, conferences, and training sessions.
- Collaborate across the Luse Family of Companies to help grow our overall business.
Experience & education desired for this role include:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of environmental abatement related experience.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree (or 5+ years’ related experience).
- Annual estimating and project management in excess of $1 million annually.
- OSHA 10/30 Certification and Asbestos/Lead License would be a plus.
Skills required to excel in this position include:
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
- Managerial, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Presentation, sales and negotiation capabilities.
- Fiscal responsibility and ability to forecast with accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; computerized estimating a plus.
- Field take off skills. Blueprint reading is a plus.
Success in this role will be defined not only by your technical and soft skills but also by your commitment to and enthusiasm for your own personal growth as well as growth of our business. For all roles at Luse Holdings, we look to hire self-aware individuals with respect for our core values: Family, Trust, Humility & Generosity.
This position is salaried with an established bonus plan. Other benefits include vehicle mileage or allowance, medical, optical and dental insurance, 401-k participation, profit sharing, Life Insurance, generous Vacation, Holidays and Sick Pay. Relocation assistance may be considered for candidates outside the Chicagoland area.
Visit Working at Luse to learn more about our culture.